Click the YOUTUBE link to watch the video recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-z9wIAjpjQ
Soupy Veggie Millet
¾ Cup Millet (any type)
1 Cup chopped Vegetables (carrot, broccoli, cauliflower)
½ Cup chopped stalks of cauliflower and broccoli
3/4 teaspoon teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 Green chilli
1 chopped Onion
1 Chopped Tomato
2 tsp Ghee
½ teaspoon Asafoetida
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Sprig Curry leaves
1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander leaves
1.In a sauce pan add vegetables and 3 cups of water. Bring to boil and add salt, close with a lid. Cook for 3 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and strain the water.
3. Wash and transfer the millet to a pressure cooker. To it add green chilli, onion, tomato and stalks of cauliflower and broccoli.
4. Measure the water strained from vegetables, adjust to three cups and add to the millet.
5. Add salt and turmeric powder. Cook for 3 whistles on high and 2 minutes on low flame.
6. When the pressure subsides, open the lid of the cooker.
7. Mash the millet mixture and adjust the soup consistency by adding boiling water. Mix vegetables into the millet.
8. In a heated pan, add ghee. When it melts add cumin seeds and asafoetida, later add curry leaves.
9. Now pour the millet into the pan and bring to boil. Check for salt. Remove from
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.