PineApple Fried Rice.
The sweet and sour Pineapple Rice with the blends of sauces and spices will leave you amazed by the savour relishing your taste buds. An easy recipe with minimal ingredients and a special ingredient which influences the overall taste of the dish.
This rice has an origin of Thailand, but I have given a desi touch by addition of panneer and Aamchur powder. Aamchur powder is the dried mango powder which is used mostly in North Indian dishes especially in Punjabi recipes.
Pineapple is a fruit which has a coolant nature. It cools down the body and thus good for health during summer season. Pineapples do come in many varieties to the market. It is bit tricky to pick up the sweetest pineapple. The smell of the the Pineapple do tells the tale hidden behind the thin and spiky skin. The ripe pineapple which have a mellow smell have the sweetness within the fruit.
Some tips to buy a ripe and sweet pineapple.
1. The Pineapples do have a bright yellow orangy colour when its fully ripe.
2. Don’t buy the green Pineapple. It may not be the sweetest.
3. Look for the leaves, it should be green and well intact.
4. The skin should be firm and not too spongy, the juices shouldn’t ooze out when you touch it’s
5. It should have a mellow smell rather than an fermented or sour smell.
6. Don’t buy the pineapples with wrinkled skin as they might be too old.
7. Buy a big size Pineapple, as the outer rigid skin needs to be removed to consume the inner
fruit. Choose a fruit which may yield a good amount of edible part…
Servings : 2
Time : 25 Minutes
1 Cup Uncooked Rice
½ Cup Diced Pineapple
¼ Cup Diced Capsicum
2 Green chilies
4 Garlic Pods
7 Cubes of Tofu or Paneer
¼ tsp Aamchur Powder
5 Cashew nuts
¼ tsp Dark Soy Sauce
½ tsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tsp of Oil
A pinch of brown sugar
4 sprigs of Coriander leaves
Remove the crown of the pineapple and peel off the thick skinned till there are no spines left on the outer flesh. Wash and Cut into desired size.
Chop the onions. Cut the chilies into thin rings. Roast the Cashew nuts. Wash and fry tofu/paneer pieces. Finely chop the Garlic pods.
Wash and Cook the rice in a pressure/electric cooker with 1 cup of water for 3 whistles.
With the above ingredients in ready position, now the real cooking process starts.
1. In an iron wok, add Oil, then add garlic pods. Give a toss and then add onions and saute on high flame.
2. Then add green chilies, Keep stirring for a minute and add Pineapple pieces.
3. After a couple of minutes, add capsicum and keep stirring.
4. Add soy sauces, brown sugar and salt, after a stir add the cooked rice. Towards the end add the amchur powder.
5. Stir the mixture so that the rice gets coated with the cooked ingredients. Stir on high flame for 2 minutes and add cashews and tofu/paneer to the pan.
Please check the salt before adding as the soy sauces do have the salt enough for the dish and add accordingly